Instructions for Brewing Jun Tea
- Boil the water and add the tea.
- Steep the tea for 3-5 minutes. The longer the tea steeps the stronger “green” flavor the final product will have.
- Remove tea and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once completely cooled, stir in the raw honey until completely dissolved.
- Pour this mixture into a container and add the SCOBY.
- Cover the container with a cloth, coffee filter etc secured with a rubber band or canning ring.
- Allow to culture at room temp for few days, tasting for acidity starting after few days.
- Once pleasantly sour and still just a little sweet, your Jun kombucha is ready to drink!
- Save 1/2 cup of your Jun kombucha then repeat steps 1 through 8 to start a new batch.Jun Tea Second Fermentation
For a second fermentation, decant the finished Jun into airtight bottles and add fruit or juice. Allow this to culture for 1-3 days at room temperature before refrigerating. Jun is generally more carbonated than kombucha so just be extra careful to check for carbonation and avoid prolonged second fermentation periods when temperatures are warm.